Dragon Age Inquisition is an action room game developed by Bioware and published by Electronic Arts. This is the third major upgrade in the Dragon Age franchise business and adaptation to the previously released Dragon Age: Beginnings. The game was released worldwide in November 2014 for Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PlayStation.
However, recently, many logs have been found where the game does not start on Windows 10. Although users run the executable several times, the game does not start. This article will educate you on why this problem can be triggered and provide sensible solutions to ensure that the problem is eliminated.
How to fix Dragon Age Inquisition won’t start issue?
This guide will look at 9 of the most effective methods that can help you fix the “Dragon Age Inquisition won’t start” issue. We hope this overview will help you recognize the precise root cause of the problem to ensure you can fix it in no time. All of these approaches are validate by various users throughout the area. Let’s jump right into it.
Verification of game files
Often, video game documents can get corrupt or lost for numerous reasons. Verifying your game file is a crucial step in many error fixes. Any game data must exist and function for the game to launch and function properly; therefore, any corrupted or missing files will prevent the game from launching. The confirmation will check each game data, look for any missing or corrupted data, and change it. To verify game documents, follow the steps below.
- Start the starter client and log in to your account
- Click on the My Game Library option on the left panel.
- Right-click on Dragon Age Inquisition and also choose Fixing Game.
- Origin will certainly start verifying game files.
- After the verification is finished, it will immediately download and install any missing documents and change the damaged documents.
- Launch the video game and also check if the issue still occurs.
Running a clean boot
It is possible that a solution running in history could be creating the problem. Usually, Windows solutions or other third-party applications can prevent all game components from working properly and cause problems. We will most likely boot directly into Windows without any third-party solution or unnecessary Windows services running in this step. For that:
- Log in to the computer system as an administrator.
- Click on the Windows navigation bar, enter “MSConfig,” and also press Enter
- Click “Provider” and inspect the “Hide all Microsoft services” box
- Now click “Disable All” to disable all third-party solutions running in the background.
- Now right click on the “Job Bar” and choose Job Manager
- Click on the Startup tab and make sure all apps are disabled.
- Now restart your computer system
- Run the game and check if the error persists.
Reinstalling Direct X and VC Redist
Straight X and VC Redist are offered with the game inside the video game installation folder. It is possible that the version of Straight X or VC Redist that was installed matches the game and prevents it from launching. For that reason, in this step, we will probably mount DirectX and VC Redist, which is suggest. For that:
- navigate to the
- Run the “DXSetup.exe” and also replace the previous variations.
- Similarly, Browse for
- Run all the “VCRedist.exe” executables inside the folder and replace the previous versions.
- Currently, restart your computer system and examine if the issue persists.
- Disable full-screen optimizations
There is a possibility that the full-screen optimization attribute violates the game’s display settings and thus causes it to crash on launch. We recommend that you disable the full-screen optimization feature in the game properties as it may be causing the “Dragon Age Inquisition won’t start” issue.
- Open the video game installation folder directly.
- Right– Click on the game. Exe data.
- Select Features and then click the Compatibility tab
- Within this tab, inspect the Disable full-screen optimizations box.
- Click Apply to save the changes.
- Launch Dragon Age Inquisition to see if the problem is fixed.
Granting Administrative Privileges
The game may require management opportunities for various components to function properly. If the game hasn’t been approv, those benefits can cause many problems with its functionality. In this step, we will probably approve the administrative privileges of the game. For that:
- Open the game installation folder and right-click on the game executable.
- Select Residences and click on the Compatibility tab.
- Within the Compatibility tab, examine the “Run as administrator” box.
- Now check and run the game to see if the issue still occurs.
Update graphics driver
Outdated drivers are a common reason for many performance issues and crash in computer games. If your GPU drivers are not up to date, you may encounter the “Dragon Age Inquisition won’t start” issue, so we recommend that you check for new graphics card users at least once a week, as there are constant marks. New variations of these chauffeurs are released.
To update your video card drivers, visit the GPU manufacturer’s website and go to the graphics drivers section to find the most up-to-date version of your graphics card drivers and mount them. Below are the links to the web pages for NVIDIA and AMD graphics card vehicle drivers.
Troubleshooting compatibility issues
Some video games do not fully support the architecture of Windows 10, and for this reason, they often have problems when trying to start them or when playing. Therefore, in this step, we will probably use the Windows troubleshooting tool to determine the best version of the operating system to run the game. For that:
- Open the video game installation folder
- Right-click on the video game to select executable residential or commercial properties.
- Click the “Compatibility” tab and click “Run compatibility troubleshooter.”
- Windows will immediately find out which is the best operating system to run the game in compatibility settings.
- Click “Try Recommended Settings” and select “Exam.”
- If the program executes a penalty, apply the configuration and the output.
- Run the game and check if the problem persists.
- Close unwanted background apps
Often, third-party or Windows services running in the history hamper the game’s functions, preventing it from launching effectively. If you have too many programs running in the background, it might affect the performance of your computer system and might also create the “Dragon Age Inquisition won’t start” issue. Close any background apps from the system tray or task manager that you are not currently using. After doing so, launch the Dragon Age Inquisition app to see if the game launches properly.
In many cases, people make use of third-party antivirus, which is not a negative point. Still, these programs can occasionally eliminate flaws and protect against launching a program safely because the antivirus marks it as harmful. Therefore, it is recommend to completely disable your anti-virus, anti-malware and other security programs and see if the game starts. It is also highly recommend to add exceptions to your firewall and anti-virus software for your game and then restart it. For that purpose, you can take the help of this article but add heavy steam and DAI instead of steam.
That was for our overview of the “Dragon Age Inquisition won’t start” error fix. We wish you could fix the problem by following the various techniques we’ve put together in this troubleshooting overview. If the error continues after trying each of the above services, try speaking with Digital Arts Support to ensure they can help you determine the specific root cause of the problem after providing all the required information.