Static site generators are HTML documents that are stored as files, and these generators are made available through the web pages by the HTTP. The static web pages are suitable mostly for those web pages that are static or do not requires updates.Static web pages are changing nowadays, but previously, they are used for the files that do not require updates. This could be tough procedures as the files are usually too old for use.
You can also visit Designmodo free website generator for more information. The static generator has many advantages, and also a few disadvantages; let us take a look at these.
1. Provide security as oppose to dynamic websites: one of the best features of the static webpages is that it provides improved security to the website as compared to the dynamic websites.
2. For an end-user, it provides improved performance as compared to dynamic websites: another feature of the static webpages is that it has improved and better performances as compared to the dynamic websites.
3. It is cheap: when you compare the price for the static and dynamic sites, you will realize that the static is cheaper and more available than the dynamic hence, this causes many users to choose the static sites over the dynamic.
4. Fewer dependencies on the system as compared to dynamic websites: the static webpages do not depend on the system; for example, database or other application servers it works on its own.
5. As opposed to a hosted environment there are cost savings from using cloud storage: compared to other hosted environment the static webpages have low cost on the usage of cloud storage
1. The biggest disadvantage of the static webpages is that the dynamic functionalities have to be added separately
2. Static sites are more difficult to work with than dynamic sites: one of the main disadvantages is that since a static site does not update, therefore, it is very difficult to work on it rather than the dynamic sites
3. The features are missing: when you compare dynamic sites and a static site, you will see that many important features are missing in the static sites; therefore, a user will automatically choose a static site compared to a static site since it is very limited in the features.
Therefore when we weigh in the pro and con of the static site generator we can see that as there are many advantages as there is an equal amount of disadvantage therefore while choosing between a static and dynamic site the user should be careful and hence he or she should understand the value of the static generator although it has many features missing as opposed to the dynamic site the static generator is cheap and available to all.
To conclude, we can say that static generators are suitable for all, and since the files are pre-stored, it is easier to use, and anyone looking for a simple generator should choose the static site generator.